Feeling fried or less fabulous. Does being single have you down? No worries, nearly half the population is single, so, this means you aren’t alone. Two words: distract yourself. Research shows that letting your mind wander increases creativity, reduces stress, and can even reduce pain. With that in mind, here are 10 fun distractions which will help you enjoy being single:
- Listening to positive and soothing music. Make up a new top ten iTunes playlist.
- Get out of the house. Go to the coffee shop to read the newspaper or go to the mall and people watch. Do not stay home all day and watch T.V.
- Go to the dog park. Even if you don’t have a dog it’s a great way to get out and possibly meet new people. Dogs love to play and this is good for your inner child.
- Take pictures and make new photo albums on Facebook. Make sure to tag all your friends that are in them.
- Cut out positive pictures from magazines and positive quotes. Place them on your refrigerator or somewhere, where you will see them.
- Call a friend you haven’t seen in a while. I’m sure they’d love to hear from you.
- Take an art class. Let out your creative side, invite a friend to go with you.
- Play Words With Friends on your iPad or iPhone. Make sure to invite your friends to play and be open to playing with new people.
- Take a bubble bath and read a good magazine.
- Go to the gym. Exercise is a great way to sweat your worries away. This will also help clear your mind.
Don’t repeat to yourself over and over how much you hate being single. This is a time to try things you wouldn’t be able to, if you were in a relationship. You can also go away for the weekend or take a vacation. Be open to trying new things and meeting new people. Avoid negative people and the drama queens, this will only bring you down. Just as negative energy can rub off, so, can positive energy. For more help on how to beat the single blues, please call me at (650) 892-0357 for a consultation.