If you are going through treatment for breast cancer, or you have gone through treatment for breast cancer, then you know how physically and emotionally draining it can be. When I think back to the days that I had chemotherapy. I wanted to keep going but eventually it did catch up. I felt like I had to put my life on hold and that I wouldn't accomplish anything while I was going through treatment. That was back in 2001. I now realize I was really hard on myself during that time. When it was all over I realized life still goes on and I could pick up where I left off. I also met some amazing people during the process, and even became closer to some friends and family. I also realized that I did accomplish something, I fought my hardest to beat cancer and I did. I am writing this article to help people that are like I was, while I was going through treatment. Here are five tips while going through treatment for breast cancer:
- Go easy on yourself. Work will always be there, the laundry will always be there, and the house doesn't have to be spotless.
- Turn off the negative tape in your head. This is not your fault. No one plans for breast cancer. There is nothing you could have done to prevent this.
- Let other's help. There are a lot of nice people out there that can and will help. You just need to let them. This means letting go of control.
- Don't believe everything you read on the internet. It's easy to become obsessed with the internet. There are many articles and pictures out there, that just aren't true. Whenever you have a question about breast cancer always talk with your Doctor's first.
- Feel good about saying no. This is also known as setting boundaries. Setting boundaries are good for your emotional health, and they have even been known to be good for your physical health. This is a time you need to focus on your health. Don't let others get in the way.