The Gottman Institute has done over four decades of research with couples. This is a quiz developed by The Gottman Institute. Take it and see how strong your relationship is.
Answer yes or no to the following questions.
- I can name my partner's best friends.
- I can tell you what stresses my partner is currently facing.
- I know the names of some of the people who have been irritating my partner lately.
- I can tell you some of my partner's life dreams.
- I can tell you about my partner's basic philosophy of life.
- I can list the relatives my partner likes the least.
- I feel that my partner know me pretty well.
- When we are apart, I often think fondly of my partner.
- I often touch or kiss my partner affectionately.
- My partner really respects me.
- There is fire and passion in this relationship.
- Romance is definitely still part of our relationship.
- My partner appreciated the things I do in this relationship.
- My partner generally likes my personality.
- Our sex life is mostly satisfying.
- At the end of the day my partner is glad to see me.
- My partner is one of my best friends.
- We just love talking to each other.
- There is lots of give and take (both people have influence) in our discussions.
- My partner listens respectfully, even when we disagree.
- My partner is usually a great help as a problem solver.
- We generally mesh well on basic values and goals in life.
If you answered yes to 17 or more of the questions, then good for you, you have a strong relationship. If you didn't answer yes to 17 or more questions, don't give up. There is always help. This could be the chance for you and your partner to build a strong relationship. This will help rebuild the friendship and improve the intimacy. For more help, please call me for a consultation at (650) 892-0357. I have been trained to use The Gottman Method for Couples. This involves a thorough assessment in the beginning, which will help build understanding in the relationship.