What is emotional attraction? It's not just being attracted to your partner's body, but also to their heart, mind and dreams. It also means accepting and valuing them for who they are. Developing a deeper emotional attraction will deepen your sexual attraction to your partner. If you are communicating well with your partner, then you can open up about your opinions to your partner without being judged. Have a conversation and show genuine interest in your partner. Here are six helpful tips to have a conversation, that will help increase emotional attraction in your relationship:
- Take turns. Each partner gets to be the complainer for fifteen minutes.
- Show genuine interest. Don't let your mind or eyes wander. Try to stay intently focused on your partner.
- Communicate your understanding. Let your partner know that you are empathizing with what they say.
- Take your partner's side. This means being supportive, even if you think their perspective is unreasonable.
- Express affection. Hold your partner; say "I love you.'
- Validate emotions. Let your partner know that their feelings make sense to you by telling them that.