We really are meant to be in relationships. Don't get me wrong, if you aren't that's alright, but I hope you find the right person. Sometimes, people really can't figure out why their relationship ended. They feel like they did all the right things, but now they are single, again. Here are five habits to give up when in a relationship:
- Don't place your emotions on your partner. This doesn't mean you can' have emotions, this just means take responsibility for your emotions. Nobody likes to have someone else's emotional burden placed on them. For example, if your partner does something that reminds you of your mother, don't respond the way you would of as a child.
- Bragging that you never fight. This may make you feel superior in handling relationships, but I'm calling the kettle black. No couple can say they have never had an argument, unless they are just avoiding one another. When conflict is handled correctly it can actually help you grow in your relationship and become closer.
- Talking about your kids 24/7. Don't make your entire relationship about the kids. This can actually de-sexualize your relationship. If you are a young couple, you may still be trying to find balance between your relationship and children. Don't worry if you haven't, it's never too late to start.
- Unabashed P.D.A. This may be a way of overcompensating for areas in your relationship that are lacking. Sexual chemistry is important and essential in a relationship, but only verbal communication and an emotional connection can help you achieve the level of sexual chemistry that you desire. Couples are always asking, 'How can we improve the intimacy?' I tell them, work on strengthening the friendship.
- Being attached at the hip. Bringing your husband to girl's night out on more than one occasion might indicate you no longer know how to function as an individual. It's important to have your own friends and hobbies, this way you won't get bored with one another.