Many couples get caught up in the busyness of life. They get married because they love their partner, but after a while, love and fun go to the bottom of the list. I am always telling couples to prioritize time with one another. Put love back on the list. Here are five tips that can help you re-build a loving relationship:
- Turn off all electronic devices. It's important to know what is happening in your partner's life. Make sure you have a conversation before departing for the day, and know at least one important thing that your partner will be doing that day.
- Make time for fun. Put fun back on the calendar. Schedule a time on the weekend where it's just the two of you. Take a drive, go on a picnic, take a hike or just hang out together. This is a time where it is about the relationship, this is not a time to talk about work or things that need to be done around the house.
- Get enough rest. Sleep is very important. It's much easier to focus when you have had a good night's rest. Do not bring your electronic devices to bed, they will only distract you. Make sure you have a dark and quiet room to sleep in.
- Kiss. You heard me right. Remember, when you were first dating how exciting it was to get a kiss. How you prepared for that kiss. Make sure you have brushed your teeth or have had a mint. You still want to make a good impression on your partner. It's important to have a departing kiss and a reuniting kiss, and the kiss should last for seven seconds.
- Work and the children don't always have to be first. Don't get me wrong I know they are important, but they will always be there. We live in a workaholic and child centric society. This makes it easy to put your relationship last. Learn to set boundaries with work and your family; it will do your relationship a world of good.